23 February 2016

Saturn in 3rd House


Wherever Saturn is placed, we feel like we're lacking, like we've been deprived of something early on in our lives and are now somehow crippled.

Saturn in the 3rd House of a natal chart indicates that the person has either felt like their early education was lacking or like it was an overly oppressive environment.
Either way, it left them feeling inadequate concerning their education.

These individuals often feel stupid, are afraid to make mistakes and be criticized for their opinions.
They often also have actual learning disabilities and/or speech impediments.

They can feel like learning and getting good grades was connected to much more effort and was a lot harder for them than for others.

Their experienced lack of common knowledge, intellect, or logical reasoning and opinions is their main source of insecurity.
Thoughts like "I am dumb" an "what I have to say doesn't matter" are the constant self-talk of these individuals when feeling insecure and "not enough".
Hence, they often tend to be quiet people who say no more than necessary.

However, each astrological placement carries within it a potential to manifest either negatively or positively.

Those with Saturn in the 3rd House can be great autodidacts - with determination, they can study harder than others (because that's what they always had to do). Although they felt like they were behind everyone else, if they keep the ambition, they could overtake others.

Steve Jobs has Saturn in the 3rd House and he had a hard time functioning in a traditional classroom and often resisted authority figures, didn't show much interest in class, and later dropped out of college because he didn't want to spend his parents money on his education.
Although there was this difficulty and deprivation connected with his education, he taught himself everything he needed to know to become successful and be respected for his intelligence.

Saturn is very industrious and serious.
That is why those with Saturn in the 3rd House also tend to have a very dry intellect and a sarcastic type of humor.

They understand things slowly, but thoroughly and they have an immense ability of concentration.

Rather than being abstract or creative, they are linear and concrete thinkers who can see structures, chronologies, and systems easily.

4 comments:

  1. Marina, what about someone who has Saturn retrograde in the 3rd house? Does is work the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how does such a placement along with the Aquarius sign work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Saturn in the third house, but I wouldn't say that I feel "dumb" or "stupid" often, because I simply have never felt like that in my life, personally. I also really love doing well in school and learning, haha.

    But, I would say my lack of experience in certain fields or topics does make me feel inferior at times and prevents me from saying my opinions!

    Interesting article, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Saturn in the third house, but I wouldn't say that I feel "dumb" or "stupid" often, because I simply have never felt like that in my life, personally. I also really love doing well in school and learning, haha.

    But, I would say my lack of experience in certain fields or topics does make me feel inferior at times and prevents me from saying my opinions!

    Interesting article, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete