29 January 2016

Cancer and Capricorn

It's so easy to make friends with a cancer.
They're proud of how quirky, crazy and random they are, so being with them is like having the permission to let out your weird side as well.
Cancer rules the home and being with one definitely feels like coming home and being able to take off your (Capricornian) business suit and just relax.
Capricorn is the polar opposite, ruling the "real world", your career and public standing.

Cancer is the tides of the ocean - just letting yourself be dragged with the stream.
Capricorn is the goat climbing the mountain - it's effort and discipline.
Cancer feels like coming home into your mother's arms.
Capricorn feels like being under the judgmental view of a strict father.
Capricorn feels like buttoning up.
Cancer feels like popping buttons.

However, Cancer is not all good and sweet and hugs and smiles and rainbows and sunshine and cupcakes.
And Capricorn is not all bad either - it takes a lot of pressure to create a diamond.
Crabs, however, are always protected by their shells, and will therefore stay soft and mushy on the inside. Like the child that refuses to grow up, take responsibility and be independent. The crabby, moody, needy baby, that guilts others for abandoning them is the undeveloped Cancer archetype.

In a way, this is an axis of time: Capricorn is ruled by Saturn (Chronos, god of time), a symbol for growing old and wise; and Cancer is ruled by the moon - the symbol of phases and cycles, the most ancient calendar! Cancer lives with the seasons of nature, with the phases of the moon, the menstrual cycle, and other natural ways of time-keeping.
Capricorn is all about man-made systems.
Capricorn is concerned with law, rules, manners, ethic codes, "should"s and "shouldn't"s, with "what will people think?"
Cancer lives by their own rhythm, inner cycles, and intuition.

In the end, as with all opposing signs - one can't exist without the contrast of the other. Opposites are the same, differing only in degree. You can't define "private" (Cancer) without knowing the contrast of "public" (Capricorn).
We have to flow in between these opposites.
Especially with many planets in Cancer and the 4th house or Capricorn and the 10th house respectively, you have to be aware of the contrast to avoid being too lop-sided.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Marina, Polly again. Of course, everything happens for a reason and it still blows my mind haha. I’ve pushed astrology to the side for a while but I’ve always kept some topics in mind for when I do go back and you’ve answered most of it within your previous posts which I think is incredible! I am a Libra Ascendant and I have a Cancer Midheaven and I was really trying to understand the Capricorn piece. I’m taking an intro to Psych class and we are talking about the subconscious and the subconscious always intrigued me. Wow, I’m so glad I came across your blog again! Do you do readings by chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on offering readings soon! :))

      Delete
  2. This post is hilariously relevant to me since I just started getting into astrology and I am Sun Cancer, Moon Capricorn, and Ascendant Aquarius. Having Sun and Moon be opposing signs probably explains a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. I am on a horoscope cancer, and found a lot of interesting information, which only confirms truth of this post. I constantly lead my scheduler, it helps a lot to me. Nice template for this http://www.pptstar.com/diagrams/timeline-calendar-diagram/. Maybe someone will like it.

    ReplyDelete