03 August 2013

Extroversion and Introversion in Astrology

The other day, a Gemini girl asked me how one could explain her being introverted despite of her sign.
Geminis are all about talking and communcation and they're an extroverted air sign.

Thinking that your sun sign is the most important thing in your astrological chart is a common misconception, though.
Even I, a Sagittarius with a Sagittarius Ascendent and a Leo Moon, all extroverted fire signs, am still an introverted person!
When I first got into astrology, I didn't know why that was, either.

To explain to you what determines your introversion/extroversion, here's an example of two Geminis:

Heidi Klum and Johnny Depp.

When describing a stereotypical Gemini, I always like to take Heidi Klum as an example.
She is so bubbly, always talking really quickly and really high-pitched.

Johnny Depp is a Gemini as well  but he doesnt talk that much at all!
And if he isn't acting, he's usually a bit of a reluctant talker and doesnt seem to enjoy himself that much at public events.





The thing you have to look at when determining whether or why someone is an introvert or an extrovert is the dominant polarity of the signs your planets are in.

Might sound a bit complicated, but it really isnt.
Just take your complete chart and look at the signs of your ascendent and the ten planets and look at what polarity outweighs the other one.

Extroverted Signs = Positive Polarity
All signs of the fire element and the air element.
Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Libra, Aquarius

Introverted Signs = Negative Polarity
All signs of the earth element and the water element.
Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

Now just count them together!

As for the two Gemini examples:
Heidis dominant signs are Gemini and Leo, both of positive polarity.
Johnnys dominant signs, on the other hand, are Taurus and Virgo, both of negative polarity.

I hope this helped!

14 comments:

  1. i'm a Libra, and I would label myself an introvert, but i have three planets in Scorpio and another in Cancer, so i guess that makes some sense! it's strange how the dominant sign doesn't overrule.
    thx for this
    xoxo tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very welcome :)
      inroverted libras are the sweetest people ever!!

      Delete
  2. This makes so much sense! Even though I'm a Sagittarius with Sagittarius rising, I have one planet and my moon in Pisces and three planets in Capricorn... No wonder I'm such an introvert. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Leo sun and Mercury, but my Rising and Mars are in Virgo, and Moon in Taurus, and for the generational planets, I have a couple of Capricorns and a Scorpio, which makes sense. I'm introverted as heck. Makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhh, im lost cuz im an aries, leo moon and gemini (or possibly taurus) ascendant and my dominant signs are aquarius and taurus, i like people, but i dont know how to talk to them, i feel a bit unapproachable, shouldnt i be more extroverted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more extroverted, which means you like interacting with people and are concentrated on the outer world.
      This does not neccessarily equate confidence and good social skills, you might want to read my new article on extroversion and introversion where i explained it more clearly :)
      http://www.astrologymarina.com/2014/05/am-i-introvert-or-extrovert-astrology.html
      xx - Marina

      Delete
  5. What if my dominant signs are Capricorn and Leo? One introverted and one extroverted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you likely display a bit of both the introverted and extroverted. The Capricorn calms the Leo down, but the Leo gives the Capricorn some dramatic pep.

      Delete
  6. I am an Aries and I feel kinda extroverted. Like I have Aries sun, Gemini moon And Libra rising, all extroverted buuuut my ruling sins is Aries and Taurus, like one extrovert and one introvert, confusiiiiiiiing much, Answer: Yes!!!!
    And my ruling planet is Venus and on second Mars and I have Taurus in Venus and Scorpio in Mars (both at home yes) but does that mean I am counted as an introvert? Or does it just mean that I need to relax and say "yeah I am an extrovert and it is obvious"(?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you either know for yourself or you might just be an ambivert.
      This label is really not that important...

      Delete
  7. I'm an introverted libra as my wife is an extroverted virgo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am sagg but five planets is capricorn, i love work until success

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always felt like I was introverted, identify myself as introverted, think and act as an introverted ; I definitely AM an introvert, however, I'm a Sagittarius in both sun and moon sign, my rising sign is libra and most of my planets are in extroverted signs ( 5 positive polarity signs and only 3 negative polarity signs ) ... I guess I'm a very contradictory person haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Johnny Depp was also born in the year of the Chinese Rabbit/Cat. Those guys tend to be on the shyer quiet side. Angelina Jolie is a gemini-rabbit as well who has been known by those who've worked with her to be on the quieter shy side. My ex was also a gemini-rabbit and was the same quiet shy side.

    ReplyDelete